Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Buddhas and Beer, College and Karma: V - Peace in the Chaos

I'd like to pick this series back up, seems applicable to do so now.

Just a few short words. I spent the past 30 minutes drinking a cup of green tea I made, staring out the window, doing nothing. That being said, today has been one of the busiest days of my life. I have a lab in just over an hour that will run late into the night and I have to grab dinner beforehand. Running around, working, studying, group meetings, failed meetings, dropped books, food-stained pants, gym, chaos. Were do we find ourselves? Well, right here. Amidst every single hectic bit of it.

College is about coming into our own being, at least it should be. Finding ourselves maybe, clarifying our lives possibly, at least some bit of self-discovery. For some, this comes down to a higher alcohol tolerance. For others, an awakening to the vastness of the world. And for others still, a crisis. Suddenly the world just became much bigger and in much more turmoil from the night before. Revolution, upheaval, war, famine, disasters. Where do we find ourselves? Right here.

I understand that there is strife in the world, and I want to see it first-hand. But for America? I hope we pull ourselves out of this hole we've put ourselves in. But if we don't? The what-if's abound. Personally, I'm tired of worrying about it. If the world stays together, I wake up each morning and make some tea. If the world falls apart, I still wake up each morning. And even if I don't get my tea, that's ok, I still have the view from my window, wherever it may be.

I sincerely wish you all well, and prescribe 10 minutes of window staring, regardless of your view, each busy day you have. Just enjoy the scenery.

Be Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment